Need something quick, delicious and incredibly easy to make? This is it! It has six simple ingredients, but it is so full of flavor. The combination of lemon and onion in this salad transform the arugula from a bitter green to more of a sweet, robust tasting dish. Go ahead and add a little ground black pepper and grated parmesan (you’ll thank me later). I didn’t know I loved arugula, until now! This Easy Arugula Salad is incredibly healthy too, it’s loaded with cancer-fighting superfoods!
Our friend Sarah submitted this recipe after I was very clear about being an arugula skeptic. She whipped it up for me one day and completely changed my mind! If you’re on the fence about your love for arugula too, then I say give it a shot! It may surprise you.
I’ve made this recipe several times and I find that it’s always best when when the arugula is REALLY well mixed with the lemon, don’t be afraid to get juicy.
Do you have a recipe you’d like to see posted on Down Home Health? Give us a shout! We are always looking for new recipes to try.
Only 6 ingredients!
- 1 package or about 5oz Arugula
- ½ cup of thin sliced red onion
- 2 whole lemons
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Wash arugula and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 whole lemons over the arugula and mix well (be careful not to allow lemon seeds fall into the mix, to prevent this you can hold a strainer over the salad while you juice the lemon or use a citrus press).
- Add the sliced onion and mix well.
- Top the salad with olive oil, black pepper and parmesan (if desired) for taste.